Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionIn this collaboration between the Brookings Institution and the Asian Development Bank Institute, eminent international ecomists examine the increased influence of Asian nations in the governance of global ecomic affairs, from the changing role of the G-20 to the reform of multilateral organizations such as the International Monetary Fund. Established in the aftermath of the Asian financial crisis at the ministerial level, the G-20 has served as a high-level platform for discussing ecomic analyses and policy responses since 1999. During the current global financial crisis, however, the G-20's role moved toward that of a global crisis management committee at the leadership level. The challenge w for the G-20 is to succeed in fostering ongoing and increasing cooperation among its members while being supportive of, rather than trying to replace, more universal institutions. After analyzing the dynamics of growth in Asia comparatively and historically, the volume appraises the scope for policy coordination among key ecomies. The contributors analyze financial stability in emerging Asia and then assess the implications of Asia's increasing role within the newly emerging system of global ecomic governance, focusing especially on reform of the international monetary structure. Contributors: Dony Alex (ICRIER, New Delhi), Kemal Dervisc (Brookings), Hasan Ersel (Sabanci University), Karim Foda (Brookings), Yiping Huang (Peking University), Masahiro Kawai (ADBI), Rajiv Kumar (FICCI, New Delhi), Domenico Lombardi (Oxford University and Brookings), Jose Antonio Ocampo (Columbia University), and Jim O'Neill (Goldman Sachs).
- Author BiographyKemal Dervis is vice president and director of Global Economy and Development at the Brookings Institution. He has served as executive head of the UN Development Program and as Turkey's minister of economic affairs.Masahiro Kawai is dean and CEO of the Asian Development Bank Institute. He has also been deputy vice minister of finance for international affairs in Japan and a professor at the University of Tokyo's Institute of Social Science. Domenico Lombardi is president of the Oxford Institute for Economic Policy and a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. He is also editor of the World Economics journal.
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDomenico Lombardi,Kemal Dervis,Masahiro Kawai
- Foreword byHaruhiko Kuroda
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.