All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis exhaustive bibliography is the result of Kim's research of the Asian American experience for almost two decades. It contains some 3,396 entries in the social and behavioral sciences and the humanities, arranged in chapters that address dozens of pertinent subjects and experiential areas. The main body of the work, the antated bibliography, is divided into two major sections: Historical Perspectives and Contemporary Perspectives. Entries there are organized by topic rather than by ethnic group; the major literature of each topic receives a lengthier and more thorough antation. In antating doctoral dissertations, the emphasis is placed on research methodology and findings. An insightful introductory essay written by Shirley Hune enhances the reader's understanding of the Asian American experience within the context of the development of American scholarship on immigration and immigrants. To aid the student and reseacher, each chapter has been subdivided into sections labelled Books and Mographs, Periodicals, and Theses and Dissertations. The chapters cover such diverse topics as marriage and family, justice, law, and politics, Japanese internment, and Asian American Women's Studies, among many others. This commendable and much anticipated volume fills an apparent need and will surely become an essential tool for scholars, students, and researchers in Asian American studies.
- Author BiographyHYUNG-CHAN KIM is Professor of Education and Asian American Studies at Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington. He is the author of the Dictionary of Asian American History also published by Greenwood Press.
- Date of Publication24/04/1989
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBibliographies and Indexes in American History
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 11.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight896 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byHyung-Chan Robert H. Kim
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.