Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection, the first to address Asian and Asian Americans' contributions to New England, highlights a broad range of Asian American communities and historical experiences. From the poignant writings of a young Chinese immigrant to the influence of hip-hop in a New Hampshire Lao community, this original and unique collection seeks to establish a regional template for the study of Asian American lives and art far from the West Coast. These essays provide t just a record of particular achievements but a full and vigorous engagement with Asian American culture along with an analysis of the depiction of Asian Americans in New England. This is an important and timely collection highlighting the creativity and diversity of one of the fastest-growing mirity populations in the region.
- Author BiographyMONICA CHIU is associate professor of English at the University of New Hampshire specializing in Asian-American literature, criticism, film, popular culture, and twentieth-century American literature. She is the author of Filthy Fictions: Asian American Literature by Women.
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Hampshire Press
- Out-of-print date14/03/2017
- Content Note25 illus.
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byMonica Chiu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.