All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAsian Megatrends assesses the key drivers impacting Asia over the next two decades. The rise of China is transforming the Asia-Pacific, as China's ecomic and military might increasingly reverberates throughout the region. India and Indonesia are also rising Asian powers that are changing the shape of the Asian ecomic landscape. The rapid growth of emerging Asian consumer markets is becoming an increasingly important growth engine for the world ecomy and for global multinationals. However, Asia faces tremendous ecomic and social challenges over the long-term, including the rapid growth of Asian megacities and severe environmental problems due to climate change, water crises and pollution. Geopolitical tensions have also been escalating in the Asia-Pacific due to territorial disputes in the South China Sea and the East China Sea, increasing the risk of a regional arms race and military confrontation. Asian Megatrends is an essential read for government officials and corporate executives wishing to understand the rapidly changing risk landscape in Asia.
- Author BiographyRajiv Biswas has extensive experience as a professional economist, including working as Senior Director and Asia-Pacific Chief Economist for IHS Global Insight, as Director for South-East Asia for The Economist Group and as a consultant for the United Nations. His experience also includes working as Executive Director for Asia-Pacific Country Risk for UBS and as Senior Economist for the Commonwealth Secretariat. Rajiv studied at the London School of Economics and Imperial College, London University, UK.
- Author(s)Rajiv Biswas
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/11/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight543 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.