Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook describes and explains the complex reality of contemporary internal and international migrations in East Asia. Taking an interdisciplinary approach; Tony Fielding combines theoretical debate and detailed empirical analysis to provide students with an understanding of the causes and consequences of the many types of contemporary migration flows in the region. Key features of Asian Migrations: * Comprehensive coverage of all forms of migration including labour migration, student migration, marriage migration, displacement and human trafficking * Text boxes containing key concepts and theories * More than 30 maps and diagrams * Equal attention devoted to broad structures (e.g. political ecomy) and individual agency (e.g. migration behaviours) * Emphasis on the conceptual and empirical connections between internal and international migrations * Exploration of the policy implications of the trends and processes discussed Written by an experienced scholar and teacher of migration studies, this is an essential text for courses on East Asian migrations and mobility and important reading for courses on international migration and Asian societies more generally.
- Author BiographyTony Fielding is a Research Professor in Human Geography, Sussex Centre for Migration Research, University of Sussex, UK.
- Author(s)Tony Fielding
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 27 black & white halftones, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.