All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionAsian Popular Culture in Transition examines contemporary consumption practices in South Korea, China, India, and Japan, and both updates and extends popular culture studies of the region. Through an interdisciplinary lens, this collection of essays explores how recent advances and shifts in information techlogies and globalization have impacted cultural markets, fashion, the digital generation, mobile culture, femininity, matrimonial advertising, and a film actress' image and performance. Drawing upon a diverse range of sources and methods including historical research, content analysis, anthropological observation, textual analyses, and interviews, Asian Popular Culture in Transition makes a significant contribution to this growing area of research. Given its broad range of countries, theories, and approaches, this book will be of great interest to students and scholars of Asian studies, cultural studies, media and communication studies, and gender studies.
- Author BiographyJohn A. Lent is publisher and editor of the International Journal of Comic Art, Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, USA. Lorna Fitzsimmons is Associate Professor and Coordinator of the Humanities Program at California State University, Dominguez Hills, Los Angeles, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/11/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary Asia Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byJohn A. Lent,Lorna Fitzsimmons
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.