All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the character and contours of the Asian Space Powers. At present, Asian states like China, Japan and India are found investing in space techlogies with analogous social and scientific and probably with divergent military intents. Other Asian states like Israel, South Korea and Malaysia are also making investments in the space arena. States like Iran and North Korea are faulted for using space launches as a demonstrative tool to achieve strategic objectives. This work examines this entire maze of activities to unearth where these states are making these investments to accomplish their state-specific goal or are they also trying to surpass each other by engaging in competition. Explaining why and how these states are making investments towards achieving their socio-ecomic and strategic mandate this book infers that the possibility of Asian Space Race exists but is presently fairly diminutive.
- Author BiographyWing Commander Ajey Lele is working with Institute for Defence Studies Analyses, an India think-tank on security and strategic studies. He is a postgraduate in Physics and has obtained his doctorate in International Relations. He works on issues related to Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), Strategic Technologies and Space Security. He has authored three books including Strategic Technologies for the Military (Sage, 2009).
- Author(s)Ajey Lele
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight602 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.