Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionAsparagus is a cool-season vegetable that belongs to the family Liliaceae. Botanical name of asparagus is Asparagus officinalis. It is an herbaceous perennial plant. Tender shoots (spears) of asparagus plants are used as a leafy vegetable. Asparagus is believed to be originated in Europe, Africa and Asia. Young shoots of Asparagus are very rich in minerals like iron, phosphorus, potassium, copper, manganese, selenium, calcium, magnesium and zinc. It is also rich in vitamins and major vitamin present in asparagus are vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, thiamin, riboflavin, rutin, niacin, and folic acid. Asparagus shoots are low in calories, low in sodium, rich in protein and a rich source of dietary fiber. Asparagus shoots are also rich in an ami acid called asparagine. Dried asparagus roots are used as a medicine because of its diuretic properties. Productive life of a well-managed commercial asparagus plantation is about 10 to 15 years.
- Author(s)Roby Jose Ciju
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.