All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Wiley-Interscience Paperback Series consists of selected books that have been made more accessible to consumers in an effort to increase global appeal and general circulation. With these new unabridged softcover volumes, Wiley hopes to extend the lives of these works by making them available to future generations of statisticians, mathematicians, and scientists. '...the wealth of material on statistics concerning the multivariate rmal distribution is quite exceptional. As such it is a very useful source of information for the general statistician and a must for anyone wanting to penetrate deeper into the multivariate field' - Mededelingen van het Wiskundig Geotschap . 'This book is a comprehensive and clearly written text on multivariate analysis from a theoretical point of view' - The Statistician . Aspects of Multivariate Statistical Theory presents a classical mathematical treatment of the techniques, distributions, and inferences based on multivariate rmal distribution. Noncentral distribution theory, decision theoretic estimation of the parameters of a multivariate rmal distribution, and the uses of spherical and elliptical distributions in multivariate analysis are introduced. Advances in multivariate analysis are discussed, including decision theory and robustness. The book also includes tables of percentage points of many of the standard likelihood statistics used in multivariate statistical procedures. This definitive resource provides in-depth discussion of the multivariate field and serves admirably as both a textbook and reference.
- Author BiographyROBB J. MUIRHEAD, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Statistics at the University of Michigan. He received his PhD in 1970 from the University of Adelaide in Australia.
- Author(s)Robb J. Muirhead
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2005
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables
- Weight1029 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.