All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.08
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published to accompany a group exhibition at Pia Nobile, Aspects of Post-War Abstraction 1952-2002, this fully colour illustrated catalogue showcases seminal works of abstract art produced in Britain over the course of five decades. The publication features the work of internationally rewned artists including Terry Frost, William Scott, William Turnbull, Joe Tilson, William Crozier, Jack Smith, John Golding, William Pye, Anthony Caro, John Hoyland, Bridget Riley, and Anish Kapoor. Lavishly illustrated throughout, the catalogue presents exceptional paintings and sculptures, created by artists in dialogue with contemporaries and predecessors in Britain, and diverse international centres of abstraction. Highlighting pivotal artistic moments of transition and transformation in abstraction over the course of a half century, the catalogue presents an invative vision of the international contribution of post-war British abstract art.
- Author BiographyDr Margaret Garlake is an independent scholar who has produced numerous publications on art in post-war Britain including 'New/Art New World: British Art in Postwar Society' and monographs on Prunella Clough, Reg Butler, and most recently Peter Lanyon for the 2015/16 exhibition of his gliding paintings at the Courtauld Gallery, London.
- PublisherPiano Nobile Publications
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiano Nobile Publications
- Content Note40
- Width240 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.