All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a vel approach to the social scientific study of violence. It argues for an 'extended' definition of violence in order to avoid subscribing to commonsensical or state propagated definitions of violence, and pays specific attention to 'autotelic violence' (violence for the sake of itself), as well as to terrorism.
- Author BiographyWILLEM SCHINKEL is Associate Professor of Theoretical Sociology, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. He has published books and articles on theoretical sociology and various subjects such as citizenship, the state and art. His previous publications include Globalization and the State.
- Author(s)Willem Schinkel
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/02/2010
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCultural Criminology
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.