All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 2001, The OASIS Guide has been the reliable, comprehensive, authoritative guide to Asperger syndrome. This fully revised, updated, and expanded edition captures the latest in research, strategies, and parenting wisdom, and delivers it all in the empathetic, practical, and hope-filled style The OASIS Guide is famous for. Author Patricia Romawski Bashe has revised this edition of Asperger Syndrome to reflect the latest in: -Working with Professionals building a team, negotiating for your child, and keeping everyone's focus on high expectations for academic, social, and emotional success. -Special Education: from early intervention through transition, college, and other postsecondary options, including how special education works and steps to take when it does t. - Health and Safety sexuality education, health care, and insurance coverage, as well as understanding the real-life health and safety risks children with AS face and learning the steps that only parents can take to protect them. -Options and Interventions with an emphasis on established guidelines for evidence-based treatments, including medication, applied behavior analysis, cognitive-behavior therapy, Social Stories, Comic Strip Conversations, and much more. -Planning for the Future Teaching today for independence tomorrow. For anyone else with a life touched by AS, Asperger Syndrome: The OASIS Guide is packed with resources to handle any situation, from understanding a diagsis, realistically evaluating options and interventions, and nurturing the whole child with an eye to emotional health, happiness, and independence in school, at home, and among friends. Raising young people with AS to grow up successful, safe, independent, and happy is the goal. Asperger Syndrome: The OASIS Guide is your map.
- Author BiographyPatricia Romanowski Bashe, MSEd., BCBA, is, first, the mother of a son with Asperger syndrome, and then a certified special education teacher, early intervention provider, and Board Certified Behavior Analyst. Currently senior education specialist at the Cody Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities at Stony Brook Children's Hospital, at Stony Brook University, she is also author of The Parents' Guide to Teaching Kids with Asperger Syndrome and Similar ASDs Real-Life Skills for Independence. Visit her website at www.aspergerguide.com.
- Author(s)Patricia Romanowski Bashe
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight585 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byTony Attwood,Michael John Carley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.