All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully revised new edition is a clear and concise guide to effective classroom practice. It is designed for teachers and assistants supporting children with Asperger syndrome in mainstream schools and other n-specialist settings. The book provides up-to-date information on the latest developments in this area and relates this to educational practice. With examples of invative strategies and approaches to facilitate progress in learning, this new edition: * outlines the underlying impairments and their educational implications; * explores the process of assessment and diagsis in Asperger Syndrome; * offers practical strategies for effective and realistic classroom intervention, including access to the National Curriculum; * considers the behavioural challenges the child with Asperger Syndrome may pose; * shows how transitions can be supported. Asperger Syndrome: A Practical Guide for Teachers, 2nd Edition seeks to inform professionals meeting a child with Asperger Syndrome for the first time and equip them with effective educational and behavioural intervention strategies. This new edition is also updated with reference to Every Child Matters, the Disability Equality Duty and Access Inclusion Planning. This book will be essential to professionals in mainstream schools, educational psychologists, INSET providers (including initial teacher training), as well as to parents, carers and others supporting social and behavioural progress for students with Asperger Syndrome.
- Author BiographyVal Cumine is a Regional Autism Tutor for Birmingham University, County Senior Educational Psychologist for Autism in Lancashire and an independent consultant and trainer specialising in autism. Julia Dunlop is an early years and autism specialist, and is currently Senior Educational Psychologist for Blackpool local authority. She serves as a member of the Steering Group of the Autism Education Trust. Gill Stevenson is a behaviour and autism specialist. She is currently Service Manager of the Service for Children with Complex Needs for Blackburn-with-Darwen local authority.
- Author(s)Gill Stevenson,Julia Dunlop,Val Cumine
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight284 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.