All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionCaroline Sarojini Hart presents a radical new paradigm for thinking about the role of education in the development of human flourishing. Aspirations, Education and Social Justice applies Amartya Sen's capability approach to understanding the nature of aspirations, in the light of a critical analysis of policies to widen participation in education. Sen's work is synthesised with key concepts from Pierre Bourdieu to develop an analytical framework for understanding the processes influencing the development and realization of aspirations. Drawing on empirical studies, involving over 1,000 young people, aged 14-19, this text explores the hopes and dreams of these young people for the future. The young people's voices challenge dominant discourses of aspiration, well-being and advantage, and invite readers to rethink their own positions on these issues.
- Author BiographyCaroline Sarojini Hart is Senior Lecturer in Education at Sheffield Hallam University, UK, and Affiliated Lecturer in Education at the University of Cambridge, UK.
- Author(s)Caroline Sarojini Hart
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.