All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.16Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionAssault on the Soul: Women in the Former Yugoslavia sheds light upon women's wartime experiences and makes sense of their coping strategies in the face of the innumerable atrocities committed against them. This is the only book to present the experiences of therapists, counselors, and other mental health professionals along with attorneys and Justices of the International Criminal Tribunal in working from both psychological and legal perspectives with women in former Yugoslavia. The workers who relate their experiences come from both former Yugoslavia and other nations, representing countries such as Norway, Germany, Holland, Costa Rica and the United States. Focusing on this region offers you a look at applied feminist practice in a cultural context outside the United States or Northern European. Assault on the Soul contains an integration of feminist theories and practice in psychology, women's history, women's geography, and women's jurisprudence. This collection of articles is intended as a historical document, as assurance that both the plight of women and the role of women in bringing it to the attention of the international community and the justice system will t be erased. Assault on the Soul will help you serve your patients'needs by focusing on such issues as: * feminist psychology and global issues concerning crimes against women * interviews with judges for the International Criminal Tribunal * Belgrade feminists'experiences working with female survivors of war * supporting women's projects in the former Yugoslavia * traumatized women and the impact of a women-centered training program in Bosnia * psychosocial services among refugee women during the war * the victims and perpetrators of Serbia * reports of rapes, killings, burning villages, and other serious war crimes Assault on the Soul gives you first-hand accounts of war trauma to women. Deeply moving and well written, the articles in this book are written in a combination of legal and psychological approaches to help you teach clients to heal from severe, acute, and chronic trauma.
- Author(s)Ellyn Kaschak,Sara Sharratt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/1999
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Weight498 g
- Width152 mm
- Height212 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.