All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssembling Consumption marks a definitive step in the institutionalisation of qualitative business research. By gathering leading scholars and educators who study markets, marketing and consumption through the lenses of philosophy, sociology and anthropology, this book clarifies and applies the investigative tools offered by assemblage theory, actor-network theory and n-representational theory. Clear theoretical explanation and methodological invation, alongside empirical applications of these emerging frameworks will offer readers new and refreshing perspectives on consumer culture and market societies. This is an essential reading for both seasoned scholars and advanced students of markets, ecomies and social forms of consumption.
- Author BiographyRobin Canniford is Co-director of the Cluster for the study of Organisation, Society and Markets (COSM) at the University of Melbourne, Australia. His research applies ethnographic methods to trace the market-mediated intersections of discursive environments and consumer subjectivity. He is particularly interested in the intersections of 'nature' and markets. His work has appeared in Marketing Theory, the Journal of Consumer Research and the European Journal of Marketing. Domen Bajde is Associate Professor at the University of Southern Denmark. His research explores the intersection of pro-social action and markets, giving and charitable behaviour and online consumer behaviour. His recent research combines different socio-cultural perspectives to explore the ideological and socio-material aspects of practices occurring at the intersection of gift and market. His work has been published in Consumption, Markets and Culture, Marketing Theory and Behaviour and Information Technology.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight386 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDomen Bajde,Robin Canniford
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $48.59
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.