All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAssessing Disorganized Attachment Behaviour in Children lays out an evidence-based model for working with and assessing children with disorganized attachment and their adult carers: families whose extreme, erratic and disturbing behaviour can make them perplexing and frustrating to work with. The model is designed to identify key indicators and explanatory mechanisms of child maltreatment: disorganized attachment in the child, a parent's unresolved loss or trauma, disconnected and extremely insensitive parenting, and low parental mentalisation. The book also outlines ways of assessing children for disorganized attachment and carer capacity, and proposes interventions. Accessible and practical, this book is essential reading for child protection professionals.
- Author BiographyDavid Shemmings is Professor of Child Protection Research in the School of Social Policy, Sociology and Social Research at the University of Kent and co-Director of the university's Centre for Child Protection. He is also visiting professor of Child Protection Research at Royal Holloway College, University of London. He leads the Advanced Child Protection stream within the West London Alliance Post-qualifying Initiative and directs the Assessment of Disorganised Attachment and Maltreatment (ADAM) Project in over 30 child protection organizations across the UK and Europe. Yvonne Shemmings is a Continuing Professional Development Specialist and has trained professionals in over 30 child protection organizations. She is a qualified social worker and was also a senior manager. Her work includes the use of attachment theory in practice. Both David and Yvonne have published widely in the fields of child and adult attachment and child protection. Their title, Understanding Disorganized Attachment, is also available from Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/03/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight353 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDavid Shemmings,Yvonne Shemmings
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.