All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals specifically with the historical basis for use of terms in race, gender, ethnicity, sex and sexual orientation. It brings much needed clarity to the debate by identifying the ethical issues as well as the technical challenges inherent in measuring these elusive concepts. The author expands on her work begun in Gender, Ethnicity, and Health Research by paralleling the evolution of racial and sexual categories with the development of health research. In addition, the book provides a salient guide to assessment tools currently used in measuring racial and sexual constructs, identity, and experience.
- Author BiographySana Loue, J.D., Ph.D., MPH, has authored/edited about a dozen books on sexuality, epidemiology, rural and ethnic health and is a renowned figure in the subject of immigrant and minority health. Dr. Loue is currently the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. She has done research on HIV Prevention, Knowledge and Assessment, Immigration and Women's Health. She is currently at work on a new encyclopedia on aging in addition to a case studies textbook on ethics & HIV and is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, American Public Health Association, and Society for Behavioral Medicine.
- Author(s)Sana Loue
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2006
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.