Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the reason why teachers should assess in an ongoing fashion. It also provides a clear structure for designing and analyzing meaningful formative assessments. In addition, it guides the teacher in the development of differentiated activities for every level of student based on the results of the assessment and includes the thought process that goes into that development.
- Author BiographyEileen Dial is an Associate Professor at Holy Cross College in Notre Dame Indiana. In addition to teaching courses in the field of education, she also serves as the Director of Student Teaching and Director of Assessment at the college. Before coming to Holy Cross, she spent 16 years in the K-6 system as a teacher, a coach for new teachers, and a teacher leader. As a teacher leader, she was a part of three successful turnaround efforts in California. In her last position, she served as a Data Coach for teacher teams as they created and analyzed formative assessment as a part of a school turnaround effort. In addition to the book Assessment for Learning: A Practical Approach for the Classroom, she has also published an article in the National Teacher Education Journal entitled: An Experienced Practical Reflection: Creating Confident, Effective Teachers by Changing Pre-Service Programs to Promote Resilience, Assessment Literacy, and Collaboration. Dr. Dial has also presented at several conferences on the topic of assessment and the topic continues to be the focus of her academic work.
- Author(s)Eileen Dial
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication06/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight204 g
- Width151 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.