All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This is a surprising and welcome book! a heartening read that shows the power of assessment for learning and the potential for academics and teachers jointly to put into practice ideas that can improve classroom learning and teaching' - TES. The starting point of this book was the realisation that research studies worldwide provide hard evidence that development of formative assessment raises students' test scores. The significant improvement in the achievements of the students in this project confirms this research, while providing teachers, teacher trainers, school heads and others leaders with ideas and advice for improving formative assessment in the classroom. Assessment for Learning is based on a two-year project involving thirty-six teachers in schools in Medway and Oxfordshire. After a brief review of the research background and of the project itself, successive chapters describe the specific practices which teachers found fruitful and the underlying ideas about learning that these developments illustrate. Later chapters discuss the problems that teachers encountered when implementing the new practices in their classroom and give guidance for school management and LEAs about promoting and supporting the changes. This book offers valuable insights into assessment for learning as teachers describe in their own words how they turned the ideas into practical action in their schools.
- Author BiographyPaul Black is a Professor of Science Education at King's College London. Dr. Christime Harrison is a Senior Lecturer in Science Education at King's College London. Clare Lee is a Teacher Advisor for Assessment at Warwickshire LEA. Bethan Marshall is a Senior Lecturer in English Education at King's College London. Dr. Dylan Wiliam is Emeritus Professor of Educational Assessment at the Institute of Educaion, University of London.
- Author(s)Bethan Marshall,Chris Harrison,Clare Lee,Dylan Wiliam,Paul Black
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2003
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight550 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.