All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhilst assessment has long been central to the counselling process, with the recent moves towards evidence-based practice and increased regulation it is taking an increasingly pivotal role in service provision. This important new text helps clarify the nature and purpose of assessment in counselling. It explores the theoretical underpinnings of assessment across the core therapeutic schools and addresses critical differences in the meanings and importance deferred to it. It will be invaluable reading for all trainees as well as for practitioners wishing to gain a broad insight into therapeutic practice across the boundaries of the many therapeutic models.
- Author BiographyJUDITH MILNER and PATRICK O'BYRNE are both freelance brief therapists with the Northope Hall Trust Counselling Scheme for young people who have experienced violence, school children with emotional and behavioural problems, adults with mental health problems and substance abuse. They also work with the Kirklees Domestic Violence/Northope Hall Trust domestic violence scheme which provides counselling for men and women who are violent to their partners. Judith also provides training in solution focussed and narrative therapies for a wide range of professionals. Patrick is also a family mediator with the West Yorkshire Family Mediation Service.
- Author(s)Judith Milner,Patrick O'Byrne
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication17/11/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight320 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.