All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis trusted, best-selling text has become an essential, invaluable resource for clinicians, instructors, and students in the dynamic field of speech-language pathology. Accessible, visually engaging, and easy to navigate, this highly practical manual provides comprehensive coverage of a wide range of disorders and the procedures and materials used in their diagsis, evaluation, and treatment in both pediatric and adult populations. Now better than ever, ASSESSMENT IN SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY: A RESOURCE MANUAL, 5E, is completely current, with new and updated content in every chapter reflecting the latest research, best practices, and important trends and developments. Highlights include new chapters on autism spectrum disorders and assessment of clients who require augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), and a new chapter dedicated to rms, charts, and reference tables. In addition, the authors have significantly revised chapters on voice disorders and the foundations of assessment and added new material on childhood apraxia of speech, apps, online test sites, and electronic media. Also new to the Fifth edition, the text's vast collection of forms for obtaining, interpreting, and reporting assessment data are w available online, making them even easier to customize, reproduce, and use in the classroom or a wide variety of clinical settings.
- Author BiographyJulie G. McAfee, M.A., CCC-SLP, has experience working with a wide variety of adult and child populations and has practiced in multiple settings, including acute care hospitals, rehabilitation centers, skilled nursing facilities, public schools, preschools, and private homes. She currently works for a private practice in northern California focused on childhood speech-language disorders and specializing in aphasia, dysphagia, cognitive-linguistic deficits, dysarthria, dementia, and aural rehabilitation. Mrs. McAfee is passionate about helping individuals of all ages obtain the highest possible level of communicative ability, and she enjoys staying abreast of changes in the field and sharing her knowledge, research, and experiences with others as a consultant, lecturer, and author. She received her bachelor and master's degrees from California State University, Fresno. Kenneth G. Shipley, Ph.D., served as associate dean of the School of Health and Human Services and professor of communicative sciences and disorders at California State University, Fresno. Before coming to Fresno, he taught in the School of Medicine at the University of Nevada, Reno. Dr. Shipley also served as a speech-language pathologist in the public schools, taught in a severe oral language classroom, and acted as a consultant in various hospital, educational, and private practice settings. Dr. Shipley is the author or coauthor of numerous books, diagnostic tests, and instructional materials in speech-language pathology, and he has authored, coauthored, or presented more than 30 scientific papers and workshops in professional journals and at national or state conventions. He received his bachelor and master's degrees from California State University, Los Angeles, and his doctoral degree from Wichita State University.
- Author(s)Julie McAfee,Kenneth Shipley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication16/02/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCengage Learning, Inc
- Weight1497 g
- Width240 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Spiral bound and 1 Digital online
- Edition Statement5th edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.