All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionCarbon footprint is one of the important environmental impacts, which has received greater attention from the public, government and media. It is one of the important topics of even any government's agenda as well and every nation is trying its best to reduce its carbon footprint to the maximum possible extent. Every company would like to reduce the carbon footprint of its products and consumers are looking for the products which emit lower carbon emissions in their entire life cycle. Assessment of Carbon footprint for different products, processes and services and also carbon labelling of products have become familiar topics in the recent past in various industrial sectors. Every industry has its unique assessment and modelling techniques, allocation procedures, mitigation methods and labelling strategies for its carbon emissions. With this background, this book has been framed with dedicated chapters on carbon footprint assessment on various industrial sectors. In each chapter, details pertaining to the assessment methodologies of carbon footprint followed in a particular industry, challenges in calculating the carbon footprint, case studies of various products in that particular industry, mitigation measures to be followed to trim down the carbon footprint, recommendations for further research are discussed in detail. This first volume includes the carbon footprint assessment methodology of agricultural sector, telecommunication sector, food sector, ceramic industry, packaging industry, building and construction sector and solid waste sector.
- Author BiographyDr Subramanian Senthilkannan Muthu is working for SGS Hong Kong for its Global Sustainability Services as Eco-design Consultant after his Doctoral research study from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong. He has authored more than 75 journal publications and numerous conference publications, 4 books and 2 book chapters. He serves various peer-reviewed journals in environmental and textile sciences as an editor/editorial board member and also as a reviewer.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication05/01/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleEcoProduction
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 74 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight613 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited bySubramanian Senthilkannan Muthu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.