All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces background information and procedural overviews needed to assess swallowing disorders in adults in addition to offering detailed protocols for administering the assessment. The majority of protocols in this book are provided in both English and Spanish, allowing clinicians to effectively and efficiently assess swallowing disorders in a wide variety of patients, including those speaking Spanish. Also by these authors: Treatment of Dysphagia in Adults. Resources and Protocols: A Bilingual Manual follows the same format and serves as a companion volume.
- Author BiographyMaria Provencio-Arambula, M.A., CCC-SLP Maria H. Provencio-Arambula, M.A., CCC-SLP, graduated from California State University, Fresno (CSU Fresno) with a master's degree in speech-language pathology. She was the recipient of the CSU Fresno Dean's medal. During her studies at CSU Fresno, Maria was a Ronald E. McNair Graduate Equity Fellow. In addition, she completed a Master's degree project on assessment and treatment of dysphagia and helped complete a collaborative study involving CSU Fresno and Children's Hospital, Central California, on treating stuttering in preschool children. Dora Provencio, M.A., CCC-SLP Dora Provencio, M.A. graduated from California State University, Fresno (CSU Fresno) with a master's degree in Speech-Language pathology. She currently is an administrative assistant and rehab director for L & J Telesmanic Rehab Systems, Inc., a private practice which has been providing services in the Central California area for over 15 years. In her current position, Dora has trained many speech-language pathologists in assessment and treatment of dysphagia in a variety of patients and regularly supervises services offered to patients with dysphagia. She has extensive experience in varied practice settings, including acute hospital inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation centers, home health, and long-term care facilities. She developed the modified barium videofluoroscopic swallow dysphagia team and procedure at Sierra Kings District Hospital, Reedley, CA, and at Selma Community Hospital, Selma, CA. She is a bilingual speech-language pathologist who is fluent in reading, writing and speaking Spanish. She is co-author of the Spanish Test for Assessing Morphological Production. She regularly guest lectures on dysphagia and multicultural assessment and treatment of speech and language disorders at California State University (CSU Fresno) program in Communicative Disorders She has also taught graduate seminars at CSU Fresno. She has presented seminars and short courses at California State Speech-Language-Hearing Association District 5 Conferences. She is a founding board member and current president of the CSU Fresno Communicative Disorders Alumni Chapter. M. Hegde, Ph.D. M. N. Hegde, Ph.D. is Professor of Speech-Language Pathology in the Department of Communicative Disorders at California State University, Fresno. A highly regarded author in speech-language pathology, his books include leading texts in academic courses and valuable resources for clinicians. His books have been used in worldwide in speech-language pathology programs.
- Author(s)Dora Provencio,M. N. Hedge,Maria Provencio-Arambula
- PublisherPlural Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- LanguageEnglish, Spanish
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlural Publishing Inc
- Content Note2 colour illustrations
- Weight903 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains 1 Paperback and 1 CD-ROM
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.