All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionAssessment of Young Children with Special Needs, Second Edition helps prepare teachers for the task of evaluating the skills of infants, toddlers, and preschool children with developmental delays and those considered at risk to experience developmental delays or difficulties. A child's environment is a critical consideration when focusing on assessment, and authors Susan Benner and Joan Grim explore the important issues of family resources, health, multidimensional environmental influences, ecomic deprivation, and domestic violence on infant and child development. This textbook conveys a sense of respect for parents, the powerful influence assessment results can and do have in the lives of young children with special needs, and an understanding of the complexity of child development, progression, and measurement. This book sets the tone for important values and beliefs to hor throughout one's professional life. This fully revised edition addresses recent legislation, updated versions of assessment, and the newest assessment tools that teachers will come across. The popular full-length case studies of the first edition have been updated, and vignettes of other cases are fully integrated across chapters, bringing the text alive with meaning. Assessment of Young Children with Special Needs, Second Edition w includes expanded discussion on progress monitoring and response to intervention, functional behavioral analysis, pros and cons of rm-referenced testing, web-based gathering tools, ELL students, and screening for autism.
- Author BiographySusan Benner is Director of the Graduate School of Education and Associate Dean of Professional Licensure at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA. Joan Grim is a Clinical Instructor specializing in Early Childhood Special Education at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA.
- Author(s)Joan Grim,Susan M. Benner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note49 black & white tables
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.