Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAstrobiology is a scientific discipline devoted to the study of life in the universe - its origin, evolution, distribution, and future. In 1997, NASA established an Astrobiology program (the NASA Astrobiology Institute - NAI) as a result of a series of new results from solar system exploration and astromical research in the mid-1990s together with advances in the biological sciences. To help evaluate the NAI, NASA asked the NRC to review progress made by the Institute in developing the field of astrobiology. This book presents an evaluation of NAI's success in meeting its goals for fostering interdisciplinary research, training future astrobiology researchers, providing scientific and technical leadership, exploring new research approaches with information techlogy, and supporting outreach to K-12 education programs.
- Author BiographyCommittee on the Review of the NASA Astrobiology Institute, National Research Council
- Author(s)Committee on the Review of the NASA Astrobiology Institute,Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences,National Research Council,Space Studies Board
- PublisherNational Academies Press
- Date of Publication20/03/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Academies Press
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.