All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAsia has long been a testing ground for efforts to augment financial and social security by developing assets that may support individuals and households and contribute to long-term social development. Rapid growth in the number and breadth of asset-based social policies has prompted Asian scholars, practitioners, and policymakers to share lessons from current efforts and chart future directions. This book offers a unique collection of macro- and micro-level analyses on asset-based social development and compares and contrasts national social policies across the Asia Pacific region. Many asset-building policies and programmes have been undertaken in Asia, and invative proposals continue to emerge. The contributions in this book present and assess this broad, often nuanced, and evolving landscape, and offer an insightful analysis of the evolution of asset-building policies, invative programmes in rural populations, asset-based interventions to facilitate the development and well-being of children, as well as case studies on new, ground-breaking asset-building projects. Asset-Building Policies and Invation in Asia will be an invaluable resource for students and scholars of Asian social policy, social welfare, social development and social work.
- Author BiographyMichael Sherraden is George Warren Brown Distinguished University Professor, George Warren Brown School of Social Work and Director, Center for Social Development at Washington University in St. Louis, USA. Li Zou is International Director and Director of the Global Assets Project, Center for Social Development at Washington University in St. Louis, USA. Ben Hok-bun Ku is Associate Professor, Department of Applied Social Sciences, Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Suo Deng is Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, Peking University, China. Sibin Wang is Professor, Department of Sociology, Peking University, China.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleRoutledge Research on Social Work, Social Policy and Social Development in Greater China
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 40 black & white tables, 17 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBen Hok-bun Ku,Li Zou,Michael Sherraden,Sibin Wang,Suo Deng
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.