All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis self-contained volume covers fundamental and applied aspects of nitrogen-fixation research. The book describes milestones in the discovery of the associative and endophytic nitrogen-fixing bacteria found involved with cereal crops, forage grasses, and sugar cane. It provides a comprehensive overview of their phylogeny, physiology, and genetics as well as of the biology of their association with their host plants, including tools for in situ localization and population-dynamics analysis. Also included are chapters describing the functions required for a bacterium to be competent and competitive in the rhizosphere, and analysis of associations of cyabacteria with fungi, diatoms, bryophytes, cycads, Azolla, and Gunnera.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNitrogen Fixation: Origins, Applications, and Research Progress
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 5
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight836 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byClaudine Elmerich,William E. Newton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.