All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Second Edition features new content, examples,methods, techniques, and best practices Assurance Techlogies Principles and Practices is based on the assertion that safety is t a cost, but an excellent investment. According to the authors, more than sixty percent of problems in complex systems arise from incomplete, vague, and poorly written specifications. In keeping with the authors' passion for safety, the text is dedicated to uniting the gamut of disciplines that are essential for effective design applying assurance techlogy principles, including system safety, reliability, maintainability, human engineering, quality, logistics, software integrity, and system integration. Readers familiar with the first edition of this text will recognize all the hallmarks that have made it a classic in its field. The Second Edition features a host of new examples, methods, techniques, and best practices to bring the text fully up to date with the state of the art in assurance techlogy. Much new content has been added as well, including four new chapters: * Managing Safety-Related Risks * Statistical Concepts, Loss Analysis, and Safety-Related Applications * Models, Concepts, and Examples: Applying Scenario-Driven Hazard Analysis * Automation, Computer, and Software Complexities The text begins with an introduction and overview of assurance techlogy. Next, readers are provided with fundamental statistical concepts. The chapters that follow explore in depth the approaches and disciplines that make up assurance techlogy applications. Each chapter is organized into major phases-design, manufacturing, test, and use phase-that help readers understand both how and when to apply particular measures. Throughout the text, readers discover detailed examples that prepare them to manage real-world challenges. References and further reading are provided at the end of each chapter leading to more in-depth discussion on specialized topics. With its extensive use of examples and highly structured approach, this is an excellent course book for students in industrial engineering, systems engineering, risk engineering, and other assurance techlogy domains. Design and system engineers as well as safety professionals will find the material essential in troubleshooting complex projects and ensuring product, process, and system safety.
- Author BiographyDEV G. RAHEJA is a world leader in system assurance technologies. He is founder and President of Design for Competitiveness, Inc., a former executive with General Electric and Booz Allen Hamilton, and has done consulting and training for automotive, aerospace, medical, defense, and many Fortune 500 high-tech corporations. He is the recipient of the Austin Bonis Reliability Education Advancement Award from the American Society for Quality for his pioneering work in reliability. He is a Fellow of the System Safety Society, and has received the Scientific Achievement Award and the Educator of the Year Award. He is also the Chairman of the IEEE Design for Reliability Technical Committee. MICHAEL ALLOCCO is a Fellow and former executive vice president of the System Safety Society and has received the Educator of the Year Award. He has over three decades of experience in safety engineering, system safety, and safety management and conducts graduate-level lectures in system safety engineering at major universities. He has applied system safety engineering on diverse complex systems for the general industry, DOT, DOD, DOE, and NASA.
- Author(s)Dev G. Raheja,Michael Allocco
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/07/2006
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight800 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.