All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 8 and 10% of children and 5% of adults suffer with asthma. A long-term condition, asthma is a common disease of the airways, caused by inflammation, resulting in symptoms of breathlessness, cough and wheeze. This informative, easy-to-read guide is written for those of you who are affected by this debilitating and sometimes serious condition. If you, your child or someone you kw has recently been diagsed with asthma, this book will provide you with practical information and advice to help gain speedy control of symptoms and in turn, improve quality of life. This book explains the diagsis and symptoms of asthma and looks at how it affects all age groups. You will also find a detailed section describing the differing treatment options. Ather part focuses on how to use your inhalers effectively. One chapter offers advice on how to recognise an asthma attack and how to deal with it. Understanding your asthma is the key to gaining control of your symptoms and enjoying life.
- Author BiographyCatherine Short is a freelance writer, specialising in health related issues. She also works full-time, as a Nurse Practitioner in a busy general practice in Cheshire. Catherine has a BSC (Hons) Nurse Practitioner degree and holds an Asthma diploma. She has seventeen years of experience caring for people with long term conditions including asthma. Both Catherine and her husband have a strong family history of Asthma which was the inspiration for writing this book. She is very keen to make information more accessible to the general public and hopes this book will help to broaden patient education and understanding.
- Author(s)Catherine Short
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight210 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.