In 1955, David Brown bought the Tickford Coachbuilding Company and its site at Tickford Street, Newport Pagnell. The Italian-styled 3.7 litre Aston Martin DB4 which was unveiled at the 1958 London Motor Show was the first car to be manufactured in the former Salmons & Tickfords coachbuilding works. It was followed by the Aston Martin DB5 in 1963 and the Aston Martin DB6 from 1965 to 1970. This book is an illustrated record of these three cars. Special-bodied cars such as the DB4 Bertone Jet are covered and specifications, chassis numbers and production figures are also given in this book.
Author Colin Howard is also the photographer. A graduate of Birkbeck College, London, he has spent recent years photographing the very best examples of modern luxury sports cars.