All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the thousands of matches ever played by Aston Villa, stretching from the club's Victorian foundation across more than 140 years to the Premier League era, here are 50 of the club's most glorious, epochal and thrilling games of all! Expertly presented in evocative historical context, and described incident-by-incident in atmospheric detail, Aston Villa Greatest Games offers a terrace ticket back in time, taking in their 19th-century dominance of club football, the igminy of relegation to the Third Division, and then lifting Europe's biggest trophy just a decade later. An irresistible cast list of club legends - Pongo Waring and Peter Withe; Charlie Aitken, Paul McGrath and Peter McParland - springs to life in these thrilling tales of goalscoring feats, great comebacks, Wembley glory and the odd glorious yet crushing disappointment. In all, a journey through the highlights of Villa history which is guaranteed to make any fan's heart swell with pride.
- Author BiographyA journalist with the Bridgnorth Journal and the Shropshire Star, James Driver-Fisher was brought up in Erdington, Birmingham, and has been an Aston Villa fan all his life. Having followed the highs and lows of the club for the past 25 years, he has developed an escalating fascination with Villa's illustrious history. James now lives in Dudley.
- Author(s)James Fisher
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteassorted mono and colour pictures
- Weight567 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.