All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAstrobiology is an interdisciplinary field that asks profound scientific questions. How did life originate on the Earth? How has life persisted on the Earth for over three billion years? Is there life elsewhere in the Universe? What is the future of life on Earth? Astrobiology: Understanding Life in the Universe is an introductory text which explores the structure of living things, the formation of the elements for life in the Universe, the biological and geological history of the Earth and the habitability of other planets in our own Solar System and beyond. The book is designed to convey some of the major conceptual foundations in astrobiology that cut across a diversity of traditional fields including chemistry, biology, geosciences, physics and astromy. It can be used to complement existing courses in these fields or as a stand-alone text for astrobiology courses. Readership: Undergraduates studying for degrees in earth or life sciences, physics, astromy and related disciplines, as well as anyone with an interest in grasping some of the major concepts and ideas in astrobiology.
- Author BiographyCharles Cockellis Professor of Astrobiology at the University of Edinburgh. His research interests are focused on the study of life in extreme environments and understanding the habitability of planets. After a doctorate at the University of Oxford he worked at the NASA Ames Research Centre, the British Antarctic Survey and The Open University. He has published widely in astrobiology and carried out fieldwork in locations from the Arctic to the Antarctic.
- Author(s)Charles S. Cockell
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/12/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1024 g
- Width188 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.