Astronomy and Astrology: Finding a Relationship to the Cosmos by Rudolf Steiner (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Middle Ages, Astromia - one of the Seven Liberal Arts - was as much about astrology as astromy. In fact the two disciplines only parted company in the seventeenth century, as the materialistic world-view gained greater prominence. Where once human destiny was connected to stars and planets, and spiritual or soul qualities were associated with the natural world, w the cosmos was seen as consisting of gases, fire and dead rock. Rudolf Steiner brings a new spiritual perspective to our study of the heavens. Humanity, he says, is intimately connected to cosmic beings, who in turn are related to planets and stars. There is meaning in the cosmos. Although Steiner rejects the simplistic tion of the planets determining our lives and behaviour, he makes a clear connection between the heavenly bodies and human beings. Whilst criticizing the superficial nature of much astrology, Steiner shows that as individuals, and with the guidance of spiritual beings, we choose an appropriate time of birth to match the destiny we are to live. This enlightening anthology, expertly collated by Margaret Jonas, features excerpts of Steiner's work on the spiritual individualities of the planets, the determination of human characteristics by the constellation at birth, the cultural epochs and the passage of the equix, cosmic influences on the individual and humanity, life in the planetary spheres between death and rebirth, solar and lunar eclipses, comets, and much more.
- Author BiographyRudolf Steiner (1861-1925) called his spiritual philosophy 'anthroposophy', meaning 'wisdom of the human being'. As a highly developed seer, he based his work on direct knowledge and perception of spiritual dimensions. He initiated a modern and universal 'science of spirit', accessible to anyone willing to exercise clear and unprejudiced thinking. From his spiritual investigations Steiner provided suggestions for the renewal of many activities, including education (both general and special), agriculture, medicine, economics, architecture, science, philosophy, religion and the arts. Today there are thousands of schools, clinics, farms and other organizations involved in practical work based on his principles. His many published works feature his research into the spiritual nature of the human being, the evolution of the world and humanity, and methods of personal development. Steiner wrote some 30 books and delivered over 6000 lectures across Europe. In 1924 he founded the General Anthroposophical Society, which today has branches throughout the world.
- Author(s)Rudolf Steiner
- PublisherRudolf Steiner Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2009
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationEast Sussex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRudolf Steiner Press
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byC. Von Arnim
Save on Textbooks
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.34
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.57
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.55
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.68
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $80.34
- AU $48.62Trending at AU $54.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.