All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for teaching astrophysics to physics students at advanced undergraduate or beginning graduate level, this textbook also provides an overview of astrophysics for astrophysics graduate students, before they delve into more specialized volumes. Assuming background kwledge at the level of a physics major, the textbook develops astrophysics from the basics without requiring any previous study in astromy or astrophysics. Physical concepts, mathematical derivations and observational data are combined in a balanced way to provide a unified treatment. Topics such as general relativity and plasma physics, which are t usually covered in physics courses but used extensively in astrophysics, are developed from first principles. While the emphasis is on developing the fundamentals thoroughly, recent important discoveries are highlighted at every stage.
- Author BiographyArnab Rai Choudhuri is a Professor of Physics at the Indian Institute of Science. One of the world's leading scientists in the field of solar magnetohydrodynamics, he is author of The Physics of Fluids and Plasmas (Cambridge University Press, 1998).
- Author(s)Arnab Rai Choudhuri
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note126 b/w illus. 88 exercises
- Weight1120 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.