All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis thesis addresses two fundamental areas in contemporary organic chemistry: synthesis of natural products and catalytic asymmetric synthesis. Firstly, a new methodology, developed by our research group, which allows the asymmetric synthesis of lactones, a structural unit ubiquitous in natural products, was utilised in the synthesis of a number of natural product analogues that showed significant biological activity. Secondly, the development of a catalytic asymmetric synthesis of a key structural motif present in a number of natural products and pharmaceuticals was accomplished. During the course of this work we discovered dual stereo control, which is significant because it allows the configuration of a new stereo centre to be controlled by a simple change of proton source.
- Author BiographyRobert, from Co. Wicklow, Ireland, graduated from University College Dublin in 2010 with a 1st class Honours BSc in Chemistry completing his final year project under the supervision of Professor Pat Guiry in the synthesis of aromatic Lipoxin analogues. He was awarded an Embark Postgraduate Scholarship from the Irish Research Council (IRC) in to undertake PhD studies with Professor Pat Guiry on the total synthesis of lactone-containing natural products and catalytic asymmetric synthesis of alpha-aryl ketones. Following his PhD he moved to Imperial College London as a post-doctoral research associate with Dr James A. Bull working on the synthesis and functionalisation of oxetanes.
- Author(s)Robert Doran
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note255 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight502 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.