All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gathers concepts of information across diverse fields -physics, electrical engineering and computational science - surveying current theories, discussing underlying tions of symmetry, and showing how the capacity of a system to distinguish itself relates to information. The author develops a formal methodology using group theory, leading to the application of Burnside's Lemma to count distinguishable states. This provides a tool to quantify complexity and information capacity in any physical system.
- Author BiographyScott Muller graduated from the University of Queensland in Chemical Engineering specialising in biotechnology. He worked in Australia and Italy in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. In 2004 he received his doctorate from the University of Newcastle (Australia) where he studied the foundations of information and conducted research into the nature of emergence . Recently he has worked on automated reasoning and expert systems in the telecommunications industry. Scott is currently developing industrial, adaptive decision-making systems using evolutionary programming techniques.
- Author(s)Scott J. Muller
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/11/2010
- Series TitleThe Frontiers Collection
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note2 black & white tables, biography
- Weight278 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.