Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe underlying astrophysical mechanisms of the objects kwn as asymptotic giant branch stars - the structures that occur during the dramatic period prior to a star's death - is the main theme of this text. Over the past three decades, asymptotic giant branch stars have become a topic of their own, and the contributions to this volume all focus on these entities themselves, rather than their connections to other fields of astromy. Among the many topics covered are new methods of high- quality infrared observation and the more detailed and realistic simulations made possible by increasingly fast computers. This collection should be useful to graduate students who work in the field, teachers who want to address the subject in their courses, and to astromers from various backgrounds who are interested in the astrophysics of AGB stars.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/12/2011
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleAstronomy and Astrophysics Library
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight872 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byHans Olofsson,Harm J. Habing
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2004
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.