Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to the perturbation theory for linear and nlinear waves in dispersive and dissipative media. The main focus is on the direct asymptotic method which is based on the asymptotic expansion of the solution in series of one or more small parameters and demanding finiteness of the perturbations; this results in slow variation of the main-order solution. The method, which does t depend on integrability of basic equations, is applied to quasi-harmonic and n-harmonic periodic waves, as well as to localized waves such as solitons, kinks, and autowaves. The basic theoretical ideas are illustrated by many physical examples throughout the book.
- Author(s)Konstantin Gorshkov,Lev Ostrovsky,Yury Stepanyants
- PublisherImperial College Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImperial College Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.