Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $140.99+ AU $9.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ogma_books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this exquisitely lush volume, lifestyle legend Carolyne Roehm celebrates her gardens as outdoor living rooms, revealing how she chooses the plants, flowers, and layouts; how she entertains guests with gorgeous table settings and breathtaking arrangements; and how she savors the hours among the blooms. As Carolyne Roehm says, It s as simple as this: a garden is like love...a place you venture into with hope, energy, excitement, enchantment, and the greatest of expectations. For Roehm, the garden has always been more than a canvas for beauty. A place where her devoted efforts bear glorious results, the garden is t only a reflection of what has inspired Roehm, but also a font of inspiration from which she draws--for her astonishingly lovely arrangements, her gracious dinner parties, and her new passion for interpreting her flowers in vibrant watercolor paintings. Each of the gardens at her historic Connecticut home, Weatherstone, has been lovingly crafted to serve as an outdoor living room, where the hours may be passed at work, alone, or enjoyed with company. In the Parterre Gardens bordering the south side of the home, Roehm created a fantasy of sw in spring with white tulips and Sargentina crabapple trees. All of the varietals in her Rose Garden were selected for their pulchritude and divine scent, as well as for their ability to bloom twice to satisfy her insatiable thirst for roses. And when the stream through her property offered only an unsatisfying trickle, Roehm replaced it with a river of hostas, primula, bleeding hearts, and rodgersia that sweeps through her Shade Garden. As Roehm accompanies us on the first-ever tour of these marvels, she shares witty and candid stories of the unexpected triumphs and the sometimes-crushing defeats. And always, there is her desire to return to the garden to tend, to mend, or to plant anew. A garden is like love, Roehm claims, and indeed, this lavishly illustrated volume is a testament to an enduring, complex, unquestionably personal, and deeply passionate amour.
- Author BiographyCAROLYNE ROEHM is one of America s most important tastemakers. She is the author of twelve books, including Flowers, A Passion for Interiors, A Passion for Blue and White, A Passion for Flowers, and At Home with Carolyne Roehm. She is a frequent lecturer at garden clubs, botanical gardens, junior leagues, and women s organizations. She divides her time among her homes in Manhattan, Connecticut, and Charleston.www.CarolyneRoehm.com
- Author(s)Carolyne Roehm
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPotter Style
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight3357 g
- Width279 mm
- Height356 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.