At Home in the Universe: The Search for the Laws of Self-organization and Complexity by Stuart A. Kauffman (Paperback, 1997)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $43.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by agnesrarebooks
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA major scientific revolution had begun, a new paradigm that rivals Darwin's theory in importance. At its heart is the discovery of the order that lies deep within most complex of systems, from the origin of life, to the workings of giant corporations, to the rise and fall of great civilisations. And more than anyone else, this revolution is the work of one man, Stuart Kauffman, visionary pioneer of the new science of complexity, Now, in At Home in the Universe, Kauffmanbrilliantly weaves together the excitement of intellectual discovery and a fertile mix of insights to give the general reader a fascinating look at this new science - and at the forces for order that lie at the edge of chaos.
- Author BiographyStuart Kauffman is a member of the Santa Fe Institute. A MacArthur Fellowship recipient, he is the leading thinker on self-organization and the science of complexity as applied to biology.
- Author(s)Stuart A. Kauffman
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication06/02/1997
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight475 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.