All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the homes which shaped our best-loved velist. Jane Austen is among the most widely read and beloved authors in English literature. Her vels vividly depict the society and world in which she lived with humour and sharp social commentary. Jane's own life and emotional experiences, deeply influenced by where she lived in southern England and her travels to other parts of the country, are reflected in her works and in the importance of house and home to her characters. With newly commissioned photographs of Chawton House and Steventon Church and village in Hampshire, and a wide range of contemporary illustration, Kim Wilson explores the homes which shaped this best-loved velist, bringing to life the domestic settings of her great works.
- Author BiographyKIM WILSON is a writer, editor, and gardener who lives in Wisconsin and is a longtime member of the Jane Austen Society of North America. She is the author of Tea with Jane Austen, described by Booklist as 'perfect for Austen-reading book clubs' and In the Garden with Jane Austen, described by House and Garden as 'a charming book, full of interesting snippets and comment'.
- Author(s)Kim Wilson
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note100 colour and b/w images
- Width250 mm
- Height250 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.