All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA truly inspirational memoir, this is Ed's story: an affecting, candid and wildly funny tale of one man's meteoric rise to the top of the retail and fashion world - from heroin addict to MD of Liberty, one of Britain's most iconic institutions. Along the way, Ed shares his ups and downs: the riotous hedonism of the 1980s New York and Florida party scene; the devastating impact of the AIDS crisis, during which he lost his best friend; his first job as a spritzer at Macy's; his role in transforming the fortunes of two of New York's most prestigious luxury department stores; his battle with drug addiction and depression; his experiences working with, and feting, a multiplicity of high-profile stars; his top tips for surviving in fashion and retail; and finally his coming to London to take the reins at Liberty, a stranger in a strange land. Including 16 pages of photographs, At Liberty is a window onto a seemingly glamorous world, a world that Ed writes about with a sparky, wry, self-deprecating humour and a fantastic sense of pathos. Ed truly is a larger-than-life character, on and off the page.
- Author BiographyBefore taking the top job at Liberty in 2008 (since when he's presided over double-digit year-on-year growth), Ed was Senior Vice President at Bergdorf Goodman and General Manager of upscale fashion accessories boutique, Henri Bendel. Ed became known for his flamboyant and gregarious personality as the star of Channel 4's three-part Liberty of London documentary, which aired in December 2013 and netted viewing figures of 2.2 million per episode. The second series aired in November 2014 and discussions are in train for a third season. From all over the world, Liberty now welcomes in excess of 5 million people each year. Ed also writes for The New York Times and The Financial Times.
- Author(s)Ed Burstell
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Business
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Content Note16pp Plate Section
- Weight522 g
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.