At My Table: Delicious Recipes from 60 Celebrated Chefs for People with Diabetes by Murdoch Books (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.99+ AU $11.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.00+ postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by 9551julian
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first absolutely accessible yet entirely sophisticated recipe book for people with diabetes, their families and friends. Every cook will discover favourite recipes in this collection - from Maggie Beer's Haloumi and Citrus Lentils and Adam Liaw's Scallops with Green Olive Tapenade and Preserved Lemon Powder to Luke Mangan's Warm Oriental Duck and Mango Salad and Janni Kyritsis's Pink Gin Granita. Amanda Bilson, the wife of rewned chef Tony Bilson, who has had Type 1 diabetes for 45 years, and Janni Kyritsis, an acclaimed chef himself who has Type 2 diabetes, have invited the best chefs in Australia to contribute wonderful recipes - some for everyday eating, some for special occasions. While this is t a traditional cookbook for people with diabetes, each recipe has been reviewed by the Senior Clinical Dietitian from The Diabetes Centre at St Vincent's Hospital. Nutritional information and tips from the dietitian have been included t only for people with diabetes but also for anyone watching their weight, blood glucose levels or cholesterol. Beautifully illustrated with more than 50 stunning photos, and with recipes from some of the finest chefs in the southern hemisphere, At My Table is a cookbook for anyone interested in cooking and eating gorgeous food. Each purchase of this cookbook will help raise funds for the patients and their families and carers at The Diabetes Centre, St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney.
- Author BiographyAMANDA BILSON was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 15 years of age and has since been on a lifelong journey of learning about diet, food values, maintaining balance and the value of exercise. Married to acclaimed chef, Tony Bilson, Amanda knows that it's possible to combine cooking and eating delicious food with the diabetic lifestyle that's necessary to her health. JANNI KYRITSIS loves food and its preparation. He learnt his culinary skills with Stephanie Alexander in Melbourne, then with Gay Bilson at Berowra Waters Inn. Janni has cooked at Bennelong at the Sydney Opera House and opened the wonderful MG Garage in Sydney. He was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes four years ago and now considers it a wake-up call that allowed him to improve his health and wellbeing.
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication29/06/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight853 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAmanda Bilson,Janni Kyritsis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.