All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautiful collection of recipes from top chefs such as Stephanie Alexander, Peter Gilmore, Steven Sw, Christine Manfield and Luke Mangan covering a range of dishes and meal types all delicious, nutritious and suitable for diabetics. Both of the authors have worked with and around food their whole lives and both have personal experience of diabetes: Amanda Bilson was diagsed with Type 1 when she was 15 years old and Sydney chef Janni Kyritsis with Type 2 as an adult. Independently they both made the decision that they would embrace the condition and focus on all the wonderful things they could eat and do and the fact that eating well and exercising to control the condition has had many kck-on benefits! Between them they gathered recipes from all of the leading chefs in Australia to make this book which will find a happy home with food-lovers, whether diabetic or t. Key Selling Points: 127 recipes from 60 celebrated chefs Sections include: Starters, Seafood, Meat, Vegetables, Salads and Pasta, and Dessert Since 1996 the number of people in the UK diagsed with diabetes has grown from 1.4 million to 2.6 million and by 2025 it is estimated over 4 million people in the UK will suffer from it
- Author BiographyAmanda Bilson was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes when she was 15 years of age and has since been on a lifelong journey of learning about diet, food values, maintaining balance and the value of exercise. Married to acclaimed chef, Tony Bilson, Amanda knows that it's possible to combine cooking and eating delicious food with the diabetic lifestyle that's necessary to her health. Janni Kyritsis loves food and its preparation. He learnt his culinary skills with Stephanie Alexander in Melbourne, then with Gay Bilson at Berowra Waters Inn. Janni has cooked at Bennelong at the Sydney Opera House and opened the wonderful MG Garage in Sydney. He was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes four years ago and now considers it a wake-up call that allowed him to improve his health and wellbeing.
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (colour)
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
Save on Cook Books
- AU $34.59Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $31.11
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $31.23Trending at AU $33.46
- AU $44.63Trending at AU $45.27
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.