All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA 'one-off' from the best-selling creator of the Dr Kay Scarpetta series, based on the serialisation in the New York Times. Moving between the chill of Cambridge, Massachusetts and the sultry humidity of Kxville, Tennessee, Winston Gara, a police investigator, is instructed to look into a twenty-year-old murder case. Although Win reckons there are many more pressing current cases which should have higher priority, he gets on with the task, unaware of the can of worms he will prise open. With her hallmark qualities of deft characterisation, perfect research and tense story-telling, Patricia Cornwell has created a vel which entertains, intrigues and satisfies.
- Author BiographyPatricia Cornwell's first crime novel, Postmortem, was published in 1990 and became the first novel to win all the major crime awards in a single year. In 2008 Cornwell won the Galaxy British Book Awards' Books Direct Crime Thriller of the Year - the first American ever to win this award. In 2011 she was awarded the Medal of Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters. Often interviewed on US national television as a forensic consultant, Cornwell is a founder of the Virginia Institute of Forensic Science and Medicine; a founding member of the National Forensic Academy; a member of the Advisory Board for the Forensic Sciences Training Program at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, NYC and a member of the Harvard-affiliated McLean Hospital's National Council, where she is an advocate for psychiatric research. Fox have acquired the film rights to the Scarpetta novels, featuring Angelina Jolie as Dr Kay Scarpetta. Cornwell's books are translated into thirty-six languages across more than fifty countries, and she is regarded as one of the major international bestselling authors.
- Author(s)Patricia Cornwell
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication08/03/2007
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleWinston Garano Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight150 g
- Width107 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- rodneys6328 Dec, 2014by
Does ego rule America? Or Dr Phil?!
the political component has me a little choked.....doesn't anyone have any respect for human dignity and/or life anymore?
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $97.24Trending at AU $97.43
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.55
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $20.98
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $26.98
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.12
- AU $24.33Trending at AU $25.95
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.