All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $108.51
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
About this product
- DescriptionSea swimming is the great leveller; we're all the same in a pair of togs. No one minds who you are or what you've done; the question is 'are you getting in?' Popular for centuries, sea swimming has had a recent surge in interest with a growing community taking the plunge. Brendan Mac Evilly and Michael O'Reilly, enthusiastic members of this bathing fraternity, chart their adventures in forty-three of Ireland's most popular places to swim. Along the way they meet artists who come to the sea for inspiration and distance swimmers undertaking marathon sea swims. Their conversations with local dippers touch on the history and lore of these stunning locations and confirm a vibrant sea-swimming culture. Part guidebook, part travelogue, part analysis of our relationship with the sea, At Swim explores the thrills, fears and joys of sea swimming.
- Author BiographyBrendan Mac Evilly has written for The Irish Times, The Sunday Times, The Stinging Fly, Cara Magazine and We Are Dublin. He has worked with the Irish Writers' Centre, Publishing Ireland and a number of publishing houses in Dublin and Oxford. He loves lounging in the sea for five minutes, then burning the ear off his fellow swimmers for the next hour. Michael O'Reilly is an actor and writer who has performed on stage and the big screen in Ireland and abroad. His favourite way of entering the water is fast and furious.
- Author(s)Brendan Mac Evilly,Michael O'Reilly
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2016
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Content Note60 colour photographs
- Weight420 g
- Width170 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.