Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionOf this collection the author explains in his Afterword, This book is in six parts. The divisions are porous and the parts bleed into each other. The poems were written using a variety of procedures; from a daily journal, from logs of specific journeys, from following the progress of a road being built, from archaeological digs, from the experience of a body in space, from translation across time and place and through the use of particular forms. Some are located in specific places; most move between places and some remain in between. As I re-read these poems there may be too much landscape. Living in rth Wales between the mountains and the sea that's hard to avoid. But I do seem to have tried to detail the way a local inter-relates with the global, how locales and locals can talk to each other and how speech and writing might jump from place to place and terminal to terminal.
- Author BiographyIan Davidson was born in 1957 and has lived most of his life in Wales. He currently teaches writing and literature at the University of Wales, Bangor, and recently completed a PhD in contemporary poetry. This is his second full-length collection, and his largest book so far.
- Author(s)Ian Davidson
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication15/02/2004
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.