All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionFrom 1991 to 2012, Nathan D. Mitchell was the author of the Amen Corner that appeared at the end of each issue of Worship. Readers of Worship grew accustomed to Nathan's columns as invitations to rethink the practice of Christian worship through a liturgical theology that was interdisciplinary, aesthetic, and attentive to history. With the soul of a poet, Nathan was always on the lookout for the turn of phrase, image, stanza, or metaphor from other classic wordsmiths that could capture the liturgical insight he wanted to explore. For the first time, this volume assembles some of the most important of these columns around the themes of body, Word, Spirit, beauty, justice, and unity. In addition, Nathan's former students offer substantive commentary through essays that invite the reader to consider how the themes raised by Nathan might develop in the coming years. This collection is a must-read both for those who admired Nathan's contribution to liturgical studies and for a newer generation of scholars seeking to discern the frontiers of liturgical theology. Nathan D. Mitchell is an emeritus professor of liturgy in the Department of Theology at the University of Notre Dame. In 1998, Mitchell was presented with the Berakah Award from the North American Academy of Liturgy for his contribution to the field. His many publications include the following books: Meeting Mystery: Liturgy, Worship, Sacraments, and The Mystery of the Rosary: Marian Devotion and the Reinvention of Catholicism.
- Author BiographyMaxwell E. Johnson, PhD, is an oblate of Saint John's Abbey, Collegeville, Minnesota, and an ordained pastor in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. He is professor of liturgy at the University of Notre Dame. His articles have appeared frequently in Worship. He is the author of Living Water, Sealing Spirit, The Rites of Christian Initiation, and Between Memory and Hope, published by Liturgical Press. Timothy O'Malley, Ph.D., is director of the Notre Dame Center for Liturgy in the Institute for Church Life and a Concurrent Assistant Professional Specialist in the Department of Theology, University of Notre Dame. He is the founding editor of Church Life: A Journal for the New Evangelization.
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication17/12/2014
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byDemetrio S. Yocum,Maxwell E. Johnson,Timothy P. O'Malley
- Foreword byProfessor Mary Catherine Hilkert
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.