Atlantic Currents/Sruthanna an Aigein Thiar: Essays on Lore, Literature and Language / Aisti Ar Sheanchas, Ar Litriocht Agus Ar Theanga - Essays in Honour of Seamas O Cathain / Aisti in Onoir Do Sheamas O Cathain by University College Dublin Press (Hardback, 2012)
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionThirty academics, from Ireland, Scotland, England, the Faroe Islands, Norway, Sweden, Estonia and the USA, have joined together to hour Professor Seamas O Cathain, Emeritus Professor of Irish Folklore and former Director of the National Folklore Collection, in this festschrift on his 70th birthday. Professor O Cathain is widely kwn for his contribution to Irish and international folkloristics and the many ways in which he has promoted Irish language and culture. Articles in the festschrift, which cover a broad array of subjects, are in themselves a reflection of Seamas O Cathain's wide-ranging interests and constitute significant contributions to the disciplines of folkloristics, dialectology, and literary and etymological studies. Topics include, among others, folklore collectors and collecting, folklore connections between Ireland and the Nordic countries, folk legends old and modern, folk beliefs and folk customs, as well as issues in Irish, Scottish Gaelic and Cornish linguistics.
- Author BiographyEDITORS Bo Almqvist is Professor Emeritus and former Head of the Department of Irish Folklore at University College Dublin, Liam Mac Mathuna is Professor and Head of the School of Irish, Celtic Studies, Folklore and Linguistics, Seamas Mac Mathuna is Professor of Irish and Celtic Studies, University of Ulster, Seosamh Watson is Professor Emeritus of Modern Irish, University College Dublin; Criostoir Mac Carthaigh is Archivist/Collector at the National Folklore Collection, University College Dublin.
- PublisherUniversity College Dublin Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- LanguageEnglish & Irish
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationDublin
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintUniversity College Dublin Press
- Content Note42 black & white plates
- Weight953 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byBo Almqvist,Liam Mac Mathuna,Mac Mathuna,Seamus,Seosamh Watson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.